1. Do you service existing gates?
We provide full maintenance services for all our own automatic gate installations. More about gate servicing here.
2. Are all your gates custom-designed and built?
Generally our automatic gates are designed and built to owner specifications. The exception is our Sliding Road Beam (SRB), which is a stock product with a fixed maximum roadway span of 4 metres.
3. What regions do you cover?
We provide bespoke gates for properties throughout Wellington, Hutt Valley, Porirua, and Kapiti Coast. Wairarapa and Horowhenua subject to installation size and availability.
SRBs, Parking Barriers and other gates by arrangement are available for shipment New Zealand-wide.
Free quotes are limited to the Wellington City, Hutt Valley and Porirua areas. We are always pleased to quote on large installations anywhere, so please call to discuss jobs outside this area.
4. Do you only supply automatic gates?
As well as our automatically-controlled gates, we also supply manually-operated swing and sliding gates to suit customer preference and budget.
5. Do you service other suppliers’ gates and automation?
The short answer is no. We supply top-quality gates using the best internationally-available automation equipment. Inferior products can be difficult to repair at best, and we usually advise a complete replacement of automation when it fails. That may or may not be compatible with the existing gate structure.
All gates, and automatic gates in particular, are installed to get a lot of use. To last, they must be built to last. If your gate has had its day, we’ll be pleased to quote on a complete replacement package.
6. What is the difference between a sliding gate and a cantilevered gate?
Sliding gates move along a track installed in the roadway supported by rollers. Cantilevered gates run free above the road surface, supported when both opened and closed by the structure housing the gate in its open position.
7. What type of gate is best for my property?
We offer no-obligation advice on your gate needs according to budget, function, style and site constraints, if any. So before you do anything else, give us a call or email us with details and we will promptly respond.
8. What are the activation options for my automatic gate?
We discuss this fully during the design process. Automatic gates can be opened by range of methods – key, card, tag, or remote by mobile phone. The choice is yours depending on your gate’s function and your security needs.
9. What motors do you use to drive automatic gates?
We use the best gate automation products available internationally, and select the motor for each design to suite the gate’s size and function. All electronics and moving parts are suitably protected from the elements for reliability and long life.
10. What happens if the power goes off?
All our gates are fitted with a manual release mechanism, and can be safely operated by hand as required. Full operating instructions come with every installation.
11. Do you test gates before installation?
All our automatic gates are erected then fully trialled and tested at our premises, prior to delivery to site for installation by our technicians.
12. Do you have a callout service?
Yes. Subject to our terms & conditions. Emergency hours call-out charges apply.
EMERGENCY CALL-OUT RATE: Call our office on 04 586 2031 for our after-hours line for service.
- SAME DAY EMERGENCY CALL-OUT RATE (Monday-Friday: 7.30am-5.30pm): $250.00/hr (first hour), $140.00/hr (thereafter), plus vehicle mileage.
- AFTER HOURS and WEEKEND CALL-OUT RATE: $350.00/hr (first hour), $150.00/hr (thereafter), plus vehicle mileage.
- PUBLIC HOLIDAY CALL-OUT RATE: $500.00/hr (first hour), $150.00/hr (thereafter), plus vehicle mileage.
The above prices exclude GST and any additional materials required.
If you have further questions about our automatic gate design, manufacture or servicing, please get in touch.